Thursday, May 04, 2006

sweet.

i am finally finally finished with classes and projects and papers this semester, which means that today i had time to do the one thing i've been talking about for weeks: veg in front of the tv. oh wait, wrong thing. i meant: move out of my house. i packed up my dirty laundry (because i don't have clean clothes anymore; lately there have been only varying degrees of dirtiness) along with some books and my beloved laptop and maybe my toothbrush--i got the essentials--and left. it was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. i assumed that as relieved as i am to leave, it would come pretty easily. and that throwing some belongings into a bag and putting them in my car wouldn't be so difficult. no, no. totally wrong about that. but i did it.

as hard as it was to leave my house--so many hours spent making it my own!--it is nice to be out, by myself and in a place that, interestingly, always has and still feels like home. it's freaking peaceful here. i can't get over that.

the room i've moved into is in a house owned by a friend of mine who rents out rooms to mostly college students. like my sister, for one. and alvin's cousin. usually the people living here aren't so related. now we're taking over the house, not unlike roaches.

i had forgotten how interesting this place can be. by interesting i mean in the past five hours we've had three near-crises. first with shannon's cat, the serial pee-er on-er of everyone else's things, then a wounded bird that's being given CPR or something in the next room after it fell out of a tree during a storm, and with my sister's boyfriend, who is stranded somewhere after being caught in a flash flood in said storm. bad storm. worse kitty.

so, aside from that it's peaceful. the cool part is i can lock myself in my room when it gets too hectic and i don't have to talk to anyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

I didnt' know you moved into a house where your sister lives! That's great to be around family. Um, how do you give CPR to a bird???

8:28 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

not sure how you give CPR to a bird (though i have seen it done in movies...). not sure what they were doing with/to the bird, either, but they let it go this morning and it flew off.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home