Wednesday, July 05, 2006

i'm so not down with this.

i realize it's probably unfair of me to complain that alvin has a girlfriend, but the part of me that is complainy is all kinds of wtf? about it. i called him tonight because the past couple days have been kind of unhappy, and i thought that since he's the main cause of my recent unhappiness then he can help fix it or at least maybe say something, anything, to make me feel better. he wasn't helpful, really, and i didn't necessarily expect him to be but i thought i'd try because everything else i'm doing? it's not making me feel any better. the new girl was at the house taking care of him because he's not feeling well. (i've been replaced with a newer model. i'm expendable. i know, i'm the one who left. but still. people wait longer to replace their dead pets with new ones than he waited to replace me. just sayin'.)

the one thing that made my evening okay was that in the middle of being extra upset, david came home with lots of tasty food from central market. he asked what was up and i said i was plotting my death--i'm not, far from it, i just enjoy making bad jokes at inopportune moments--and he said that what i needed was chips and hummus. so he kept me occupied with food until i quit crying, not unlike how you would treat a cranky two year old. regardless, it was sweet.

so. relationships are stupid. mine, especially. i hate what this is doing to me, particularly since i thought i was okay. i really want to hate alvin and i can't because alvin's totally unhateable. i want him to be happy, just not at my expense.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

In my very unexperience opinion, one should not be dating, (or - you know - other stuff) until AFTER the divorce is final. Or at the very least is most of the way finished. Sheesh.

Thinking mean thoughts about him is perfectly acceptable. And her too, especially her.

4:18 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

that's what i said.

you'd think he could have waited until the freaking papers were filed, but no. ugh. i need to start that process so it will be done sometime this year.

8:41 AM  
Blogger cchang said...

This all screams of "bounce back" to me. I agree with Amy, um, I think the whole dating thing should happen after the divorce is final. I mean, shit, *technically* he's cheating on you because you're still married....oooh, maybe you can get alimony now.

OK, kidding aside, you have every right to feel resentful. I understand where you're coming from since my hubby is damn near perfect, but still, I think Alvin's in the wrong here.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home