Tuesday, May 09, 2006

una lista, sorta.

*loki has stopped relieving himself in front of my room and instead enjoys peeing all over shannon's clothes in her room. shannon is running out of ways to rationalize keeping the cat, much to everyone else's delight.

*27 days until summer classes start. normally i would be happy with this but oh my god that sounds like a long time when i'm otherwise needing to distract myself from, i don't know, myself.

*i'm thinking about getting a job, but given my limited definition of an acceptable job (based upon many years of bad, bad jobs), my only option right now appears to be whoring myself out. profitable and tempting though it may be, i'm not ready for that just yet.

*and the advantage of having 27 days of freedom and no job is that i can finish reading the four books i've been reading since forever: half asleep in frog pajamas, running with scissors, bait and switch, and the da vinci code (which i'm not impressed with so far even though everyone says it's excellent). i realized a few years ago that life is too short to read books i don't like, but can so many people be wrong about the da vinci code being a good book?

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I tried and tried to read The Da Vinci Code, but I just couldn't get into it. I keep telling myself I'll give it another try before the movie comes out.

I had the same problem with Cold Mountain. Everyone kept raving about it so I forced myself to read it, and I absolutely hated every single minute of it.

4:10 AM  
Blogger cchang said...

Um, actually to the contrary, most of my friends did not like Da Vinci code which is why I didn't read it.

Well, if you have oodles of free time, you could always call me up and ask if you wanna have coffee or something. Seriosly, get me out of this office!

I'm a cat lover and even I think that Loki needs to go. Peeing on clothing is not good. Sometimes you can't get the smell out.

7:54 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

it's good to hear that i'm not alone in my da vinci code dislike. i needed to hear that--i'll quit forcing myself to read it now.

i wanted to read cold mountain but picked it up and couldn't get into it.

susan, you're hilarious. :)

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home