Friday, November 14, 2008

when life doesn't work out the way you planned.

so yeah, i've decided that i definitely somehow managed to offend the people that susan and i were supposed to hang out with and that is why they're not talking to me. the other option is that they're beyond flaky, which i guess is possible BUT NOW I'LL NEVER KNOW, will i? nope. and since i won't know i'm having to make up my own stories to make myself feel better. possible explanations include: one or both of them died in a house fire, had to leave town because of a family emergency, or are swamped at work and don't have time to get in touch with me. none of my explanations are all that plausible in terms of good reasons not to talk to me, except for maybe dying in a fire since one of them is a firefighter. however, i know she's alive and not totally disfigured or dead because she's been on facebook every day this week. more likely explanation: people suck.

also, i just ruined my (what was until a few minutes ago) excellent credit when i closed out a credit card account that i could no longer afford to pay the minimum balance on. because being unemployed and broke? not conducive to paying bills. it was an absolute last resort and one that i'm probably going to regret, but i didn't have any other choice short of maybe dedicating myself to a life of crime to make money. mmmm....crime. so much easier than finding a legal job.

i tried but was talked out of going the credit-card cancelling route several months ago when i called my bank and the representative i talked to advised me to keep paying my credit card bill so as not to ruin my credit. not sure if she was being helpful--she sounded sincere, so maybe--or if she just wanted me to continue sending the credit card people money so she'd continue to get a paycheck; either way, i managed to hold out a few more months. until today. this makes me nervous. one of these days i'm going to look back on november 14, 2008 as that day i totally forfeited my ability to buy a house or get a loan or maybe even get a job for at least the next ten years. on the other hand, maybe there are worse things than having bad credit? i sincerely hope so. i feel like a straight-A student who just failed their high school anatomy class. oh wait! i already did that! check.

i guess i didn't fall over dead then, either. everything will (eventually) be okay. i hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Susan told me you had a blog and were ill. I'm really sorry you've been having such a rotten time.

Please don't fall over dead. Things will get better. (Eventually)

11:56 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

i appreciate that. and it's always good to hear from you. :)

i won't fall over dead. i considered it, but i'm feeling better and i know things will eventually BE better...like completely better...and then i can put this past me and never have to think about it again.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home