Tuesday, September 20, 2005

there are no stupid questions...

during my statistics class today we discussed quantitative vs. qualitative data, and after a thorough explanation of the difference between the two, this girl in the front row raised her hand and asked, "so if we're talking about numbers, it's...qualitative?"

oy, don't people know what quantitative means? quantity? amount? numbers?

class was otherwise uneventful, though i was amazed by my brain's ability to continue processing information well enough for me to take notes, long after i was sure my brain had shut down. i've always wondered how people do that.

i wish i had more interesting things to say. i do not.

my brain, it is not functioning very well. it is very tired and not even coffee can perk it up these days. too much writing + too much thinking + not enough sleep. yeah, that.

i saw part of the movie perfect with john travolta today, and he was kinda hot (back in 1985). however, jamie lee curtis still freaks me out. especially in this movie. she was an aerobics instructor, and she was in a leotard (ew) and doing all these suggestive moves that were just icky. i dont think she was attractive even when she was young, and i don't understand why so many people (ok, guys) think so. her long horse-like face is unnatural.

alright. i think i've filled my meanness quota for the day. now back to my statement of purpose--i blame it for making me say mean things.

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

ditto the remarks about j.l.curtis...blech!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home