Monday, July 24, 2006

reject.

three years and five months ago on a rainy thursday morning when i was living in this same house, i walked through the kitchen and ran into a chair with my foot--my left foot--and broke my little toe. it turned black and purple and hurt like hell, and it hasn't been the same since. the bone is all fucked up and it hurts when it rains. and months later my toe nail fell off, completely unprovoked. that was when i knew that was the reject toe, and if it weren't necessary to keep it in order to walk and to maintain toe symmetry it would so be out of here.

tonight while mocking my sister, because she was mocking me (she started it), i walked through the kitchen and did it again: i hit a chair in the exact same location with the same toe. lots of screaming commenced and shannon was kind enough to get some ice for my foot in between bouts of laughter. this is totally karma because my mom used to break her toes all the time and i used to laugh (i was young; i thought it was bizarre that she broke her toes with such frequency BUT NOW I UNDERSTAND). i'm not sure that my toe is broken but it definitely isn't feeling good. really, it's hard to tell what's up with it since it's still messed up from the last run in it had with a chair. it hasn't turned purple yet so i guess that's a good sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

I ripped off the nail to my ring finger of my left hand on Monday, so I'm in pain too....also the same reason why there hasn't been much typing either. So, yeah, i hear year. Oooh pain. I'm waiting for my nail to fall off.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home