Monday, October 03, 2005

my new obsession wins again...and am i a loser?

i was on my way to the post office earlier when something weird happened. i was stopped at a red light and noticed the truck behind me was stopped kinda close to me, so i thought maybe the guy had just gotten into my lane and needed more space. so i pulled up. and he got even closer. and when i looked in my rearview mirror again, he was holding up his fingers in an L shape--isn't that pretty much the universal sign for loser? he did this for awhile...like until the light turned green. he was also smirking. and i hoped it was directed towards someone else, but there was no one else in his truck and he was looking straight at me. i also wondered if maybe L stood for something nicer. wishful thinking.

the only thing i can think of is that was his oh-so-nice reaction to the anti-W sticker on my car. anti-bush sentiment is ubiquitous around here, so if he's making awful loser signs to everyone with similar bumper stickers his hand must really hurt by now. and he's a jerk.

and then i convinced myself that i obviously deserve a latte because i've got to study for my test...so i went to starbucks and the pretty boy at the drive-thru handed me a latte and life was good again. i'm so easily placated.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

yay! linda's back (online)! :)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home