Thursday, January 12, 2006

the near death of pig dog.

beagle dog tried to commit suicide today. i was walking through the front gate after getting home and i thought he was running out to meet me because he missed me, but no. what he really wanted to do was dart out the gate and sprint into the the path of an oncoming SUV. i was pretty sure he was going to be squished so i squeezed my eyes shut so i wouldn't have to watch the squish happen. the SUV miraculously avoided him because apparently there is a god who doesn't want me to have to explain to any previous beagle dog owners that he had been squished. because my first thought was oh my god he's going to die! followed by, oh shit i'm going to have to tell his foster mom! the latter realization was almost as bad as the former so really, both our asses were saved when he avoided death.

alvin dragged his sick self out of bed and helped me look for beagle dog, whom last i saw was running full speed away from me. i was pretty sure we'd never find him and i started having visions of staying up all night, wandering the neighborhood and calling beagle dog's name, or hanging lost dog posters on telephone poles or finding him squished in the street. that turned out not to be the case, though, and we found him pretty quickly--he ran only as far as the nearest cat with a bowl of food. the cat was trying to defend his food, unsuccessfully, and pig dog ate most of it before we could drag him home and he was like i wanna go baaaaaaack. and i was so not happy that he escaped but at least he wasn't squished.

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

if only i had as much hrms as you think i do! i probably wouldn't have time to blog.

or eat
or sleep
or leave my house

12:39 PM  
Blogger brent d. said...

I'm glad the dog didn't get smooshed... maybe he learned a lesson from his little adventure. Yeah, I know he didn't. That's just what everybody says.

Have a great weekend!

8:21 PM  
Blogger cchang said...

Oy. What excitement. Ya know, the sad thing is when I first read the title is that my first thought was "oh shit, now foster mom is really going to harass Sarah."

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home