Tuesday, August 29, 2006

i found the snake, and yes, it scared the hell out of me.

i was looking for something in my closet tonight--a pair of scissors--which involved removing a stack of clothes off of luggage stacked on top of a closed box that contained a bunch of random shit, including a bag full of more random shit. i thought the scissors were in the bag.

turns out they weren't, but the snake was. i was digging through this bag, pulling things out of it, when i saw something black and white move at the bottom. my brain interpreted the wrongness of the situation before i actually figured out what the hell i was looking at, and then i dropped everything and nearly threw up. this is the effect snakes have on me, particularly when i'm not expecting to find said snake in my room in a random bag under piles of crap. which is, in retrospect, exactly where i should have expected the snake to be.

anyhow, i made shannon come retrieve loomis. he smells bad, and i'm sure he's hungry as hell--it's been four weeks since he last ate--and this totally explains a couple things, such as:

1. why my closet has smelled weird lately. i thought it was my dirty laundry, and i'm trying not to think about why i thought my unwashed clothing smelled like a dying reptile, but whatever, and
2. why the cats keep hanging out in my closet. i thought they liked it because it's obstacle course-like, but i guess it was more that it's like an obstacle course containing their favorite snake that kept them coming back for more.

shannon swore there was no way the snake could have gotten into my room (liar), but i think that since my closet is adjacent to her room, loomis probably escaped her room though a hole in the wall, somewhere, and found himself in my closet. and then slithered away to die. poor snake. he's being fed now. much as i'm not thrilled about the fact that he's back, instead of, say, halfway to mexico by now, i hope he's okay. i'm glad he didn't die. in my closet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Snakes don't generally scare me, but that would have made me scream like a banshee.

5:20 AM  
Blogger cchang said...

I had no idea that he would smell bad. Well, he's still alive---that's amazing really. Your comment about him going off to Mexico really made me laugh.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home