Tuesday, December 09, 2008

evil trolls, gah.

i just got off the phone with the credit card people again. seriously, they're unhelpful. i'm happy to pay them however much i can each month, i would gladly do it as an effort of good faith--but not only do credit card companies not understand a good-faith effort, they employ trolls to answer the phone. mean trolls who don't understand that i actually do care about paying off this stupid card, i just can't afford the minimum payment right now. so i've quit paying. from my conversations with the troll people, i have gathered that (somehow) it is better to pay nothing than to pay less than the minimum each month. this really makes no sense to me. i'm like, take my money! and they're all, not unless you can come up with x amount!

the first person i talked to was nice--cheery even--and she told me that in the current economy they're very interested in helping out customers by setting up a payment plan before they miss too many consecutive payments. so i was like, sweet! this sounds good. and then she transferred me to troll-man, who apparently didn't get that memo and was not at all interested in helping me with anything. i told him what was up, again, and he said to call back and set up a payment plan later when i have enough money to pay them. when i asked what would happen if i couldn't meet the minimum on the payment plan, he laughed and TOLD ME I WOULD BE IN TROUBLE. can you say that to an adult? is this in a script somewhere? i wonder if the sinister laugh part was also written into the script.

as an aside, my interview monday went very well and i'm hopeful that i'll get the job. i was told they have more interviews scheduled this week but will make a decision and call me by next week. i took it as a good sign that they scheduled my interview on the first day of interviews, and i'm choosing to ignore the part about more interviews. mere technicalities. they loved me, i'm pretty sure.

after today's phone call i really need to get this job because if i don't i'm afraid the mean credit card troll people will send in the mafia, or maybe tonya harding, to break my kneecaps with a crowbar. at least that's what i imagine YOU'LL BE IN TROUBLE translates to.

4 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

I can just imagine him shaking his finger at you or something as he said that. I don't understand these trolls. I mean seriously, you're not ignoring the credit card company. Just to contact them show's you're a good citizen. What gives????

I hope you get the job. You deserve a break!

2:07 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

thanks! i'll know by early next week.

as for the credit card problem--i think fault lies with both the credit card people and me...and what it comes down to is i'll never make this mistake again.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Dude - how much do you owe on this credit card?

2:42 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

$9,500.

it's not THAT much. i mean, it's substantial but not so bad that i can't/won't eventually pay it off.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home