Sunday, January 29, 2006

on friday i saw a picture of what looked like a macrame vulva, but that's not what this is about.

if there was ever a low point in the lowness that is pms, yesterday was it. first alvin and i waited too long for our caffeine fix and life became painful and difficult. also, i was on a mission to find a new pair of jeans that fit, and THAT was a stupid thing to do while i'm bloated and in a bad mood but i did it anyway. i tried on jeans at several different stores and got fed up after cutting my leg on a strangely sharp tag on this one pair of jeans that didn't fit anyway. alvin, being the sweetheart that he is but with his fingers crossed because he didn't really mean it, offered to drive me to the outlet mall half an hour away to see if i could find some decent jeans there. so off to the outlet mall we went. basically, the morning was full of good-intentioned bad ideas.

the outlet thing didn't turn out as planned, and there was lots of angsting on my part about how much shopping sucks & the neverending torture that is my life. alvin tried to be nice, he really did, and last night we went out and had a pleasant time. or maybe it just seemed pleasant because there was coffee involved, i don't know. unfortunately, things went downhill later when he hung a wet towel on our new bed and when i asked him to please hang it up in the bathroom, he threw it into the bathroom instead, narrowly missing smacking me in the head and causing yet another angsty outburst from moi about not throwing wet towels at pmsing chicks. doesn't he know i'm delicate like a flower?

today is better and the angst is mostly gone. also, i found some jeans that almost fit, though not exactly how they should. i wish the jean designer people would quit making all jeans ultra low rise, because i've figured out (after a couple of years of thinking i'm shaped wrong) that it's not me, it's them. where the fuck are the normal jeans? what if i don't want my ass hanging out? the jeans i bought today claim that your ass won't hang out of them, which is almost true. only my underwear are visible. doesn't it make sense that if jeans are now cut so low that there's a new term to describe the scary new trend--and a website full of pictures dedicated to the topic--that maybe there's a problem? all i'm asking for are jeans that cover the necessary parts that most people, including me, don't wanna see. but you know, you take what you can get and right now all i can get is low rise.

oh, i promised to say something nice this time, didn't i? dooce is coming to austin for SXSW, which totally makes me happy even if i'd never see her in a million years unless i paid lots of money to hear her talk or just followed her around, though i'd never do that because it's creepy and i have a strict no-stalking policy. as of today.

4 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

I have exactly one pair of jeans that fit and I wear them all too often. Man, I would have been pissed if Trav threw a wet towel on the bed.

Bleh, I have my period right now and the cramps were so bad I didn't go into work or ballet today. I feel guilty. There's lots of work to be done, but I couldn't bear riding an hour and a half on the bus (did I tell you they deleted my route?) in the cold to go to the office while feeling achy and sick. I miss Travis. Whaaaa!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I want to lick dooce's heels.

12:07 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

M&Ms, too. you can't forget those!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

shopping for jeans while pms-ing? glutton for punishment, much? the only way you could have felt worse about yourself is if you shopped for a swimsuit. standing under those florescent lights does wonders for your mood.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home