Wednesday, January 18, 2006

this is totally off topic, but drawn together? it's all about the gratuitous nastiness.

i'm not sure what to say about school--my first class yesterday was fine (fun and interesting, even) and i was all like, i can do this! and then today's class was exhausting and intimidating and made me want to crawl into bed and not come out ever again except to eat ice cream and cry. i'm not even sure why today was so bad, though maybe it was because everyone in class knew each other and i completely choked when introducing myself and the professor reminds me of a certain ex-boyfriend that i'd rather not be reminded of. and the sun was shining through the window right in my eyes for half the class! so i guess i have reasons, but still.

so tonight all i wanted was an iced mocha latte because i was pretty sure it would make me happy. it did and all was going well until the five seconds when i set my mocha down and alvin picked it up and DRANK THE REST OF IT which he knows is so completely unacceptable (he claims he didn't realize he was drinking it). it then became imperative that i get a piece of cake, because dammit i was determined to enjoy SOMETHING tonight and the mocha wasn't meant to be. (note to self: alcohol, duh)

while acquiring cake alvin and i ran into a friend we haven't seen in awhile. she teaches middle school at one of the more challenging schools in town--and she's hilarious, which i imagine is how she stays sane at work...and why the following happened:

teacher person: OH MY GOD Y'ALL I'M GOING TO BE FIRED!!

me: why?

teacher person: BECAUSE TODAY ONE OF MY STUDENTS SAID 'FUCK YOU' TO ME!

me: yeah, and?

bad teacher person: AND BEFORE I COULD STOP MYSELF I TOLD HIM HE DIDN'T HAVE A DICK BIG ENOUGH!

why couldn't my teachers be that cool?

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh my god! I taught middle school and not only has a student never said that to me, I'm pretty sure I'd be too stunned to reply! That's awesome. I hope she doesn't get fired.

5:05 AM  
Blogger cchang said...

That's an awesome come back your friend came up with. He needed that.

Alvin drank your mocha? All of it? I would have cried or beat the shit outta him. Trav knows not to touch my food.

It is frustrating when everyone seems to know one another in a class and you feel left out. I know I was the "weird one" during grad school, but with time, you'll feel more comfortable.

If it makes you feel any better, I fell down the stairs yesterday and I am in a shit load of PAIN. PAIN!!!!!This is not going to go well with ballet, I can tell you. :(

7:01 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

yeah, i drank about a third of my mocha and alvin drank the rest in one gulp. it was not a happy moment.

how did you fall down the stairs?! at home? are you ok?

7:04 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

the Y'ALL is amusing every time she says it because she's got this nordic blonde look about her, so it doesn't seem to fit with what you would think she'd say. the questionable comment she made to her student, though, that didn't surprise me at all. :)

and yeah, i feel the pms pain. it's about that time.

9:09 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

i like your title though. i'm all about the long titles. :)

what happened on your date? or were you just in a bad mood?

the guys who post comments on your blog are all like, it's only one week out of the month! it's not so bad!

if someone said that to me, it would so not be good.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home