Thursday, February 23, 2006

cr@ck is wh@ck.

tonight i was zoned out watching "i love the 80s strikes back" on vh1 and i wondered how my life (and tv) had been reduced to such lameness. this wasn't even a best of the 80s show or a where are they now? kind of program. it was all about the crap the 80s produced--and crack is the only worst example i can remember, which is sad considering it was only 30 minutes ago and i know they showed music videos horrendous enough to rival the awfulness of crack cocaine. i think forgetting that particular decade is probably for the best, which makes me wonder why vh1 keeps insisting on reliving it and i keep insisting on watching.

i was resigned to having a completely lame evening until they started dissing inspector gadget and then i was all, oh no you didn't. it was only then that the cheesy neon graphics started to annoy me. i wish i could say that i turned off the tv and did something more interesting, something that actually required some thought, but no. but that was a defining moment if only because it made me realize that i was too freaking tired to change the channel.

that's the whole point of this post, really. to complain about the exhaustion--what better reason to update my blog than to complain? exactly!--and the pms that has caused me to eat so many pounds of chocolate this week that i've already lost count. i thought about it, and if i go to bed now i'll invariably wake up at 11 and not be able to get back to sleep until way after midnight. that's mostly how i got to be this tired in the first place. well, that and alvin tossing and turning and stealing the blankets and waking me up in the middle of the night to answer a question i asked two days ago. it makes for unpeaceful sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Well, yesterday was rather icky for me too. I couldn't wake up. I slept through two hours of NPR blaring on my radio. I guess I was exhausted. Now, I'm just bloated and depressed.

I did watch the olympics last night though. I am so glad Sascha Cohen fell on her ass. All the people I've labled as arrogant haven't won golds this season. That fills me up with warm fuzzies.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home