Thursday, February 09, 2006

Q & A/game

question: what's better than spending the evening at a party with alvin's ex-girlfriend?

answer: spending the evening with two of his exes! wheeee!

the party wasn't so bad, really. it was a going away party for ex #1 and she invited her ex-boyfriends so it all evens out in the end, right? i think there's some parallel there, i'm just not sure what it is. anyhow. things were awkward until i quit caring. the only thing i cared about was my pants not splitting down the seam. see, i'm wearing a very old pair of corduroy pants (like 10 years old) and i love them and refuse to give them up, but years ago they split right down the middle when i was bending over one day and i've stiched them like half a dozen times now--twice this week--and now every time i want to wear them i have to sew up the hole first. i know, it's sad. tonight i was afraid i was going to bend over or stand up and hear that familiar riiiiipppp sound, at which point i would have died of embarrassment because it would have meant that i lost.

but my pants didn't rip and my hair was prettier than hers. i can quit holding my breath now.

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

have you heard my pant rant? i can't find any pants that fit! they just don't!fit!sarah!

i suppose i could wear elastic waist old person pants, but i'd rather go naked.

strangely, my pants from high school fit better than anything i can find now. the low-rise thing? sucks.

9:02 AM  
Blogger cchang said...

I dunno why, but a going away party with all of one's X's seems weird to me. Glad it didn't make you feel uncomfortable and that your hair was prettier! Yay.

Concerning your pants...I think I have pants that are 10 years old. My boots are that old, for sure. However, I am worried about the whole needing to sew them each time you wear them thing!

11:33 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

ok, ok.

you people have a point. i'll get rid of the pants.

perhaps all the exes were invited merely to make it look as if the party girl had more friends.

1:05 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

gasp! dude, my pants are still IN STYLE, they're just old and they have that one small problem...

i'm not sure anyone is up for this challenge, but if you wanna try then that's all good. :)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home