Thursday, May 18, 2006

couch surfing

at my parents' house until saturday and i can have my room back. it's been two years since i've been here and it's strange to be back. the first thing i noticed: people here drive way too slowly. also: there is no coffee. like, anywhere. it hurts.

i'm all impressed with my parents being super nice to me and feeding me, so much that i'm probably not going to quit talking about it for a long time. i could get used to this. i just found the oatmeal cookies and hot chocolate so life is happy now; this after my mom made enchiladas for dinner and is making french toast for breakfast and i'll likely leave here several pounds heavier than when i arrived.

tomorrow after my french toast feast i get to sort through the mountains of stuff in the room that used to be mine but is now used for storage. stuff needs to be thrown out and garage sale'd so that my parents can eventually sell the house and move to a place that has coffee shops and where people don't habitually drive 10 miles under the speed limit.

2 Comments:

Blogger cchang said...

Sounds like they're treating you well. I still need to clean out stuff from my room back home and it's an odd process. I want to leave it behind, but I don't want mom to throw it out either. Do I really need 3 old, faded homecoming mums? Pictures of my exes? 20 barbie dolls and a hoards of stuffed animals.

The no coffee bit freaks me out. Surely there's got to be at least one starbucks right?

9:03 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

oh no, there is no starbucks. but there are three mcdonalds, two sonics and a super walmart.

it's just wrong.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home